Here’s the Suzuki B-King specifications from its initial 2008 model release. It reads very much like the Suzuki Hayabusa which makes them both brilliant, although the B-King does give and take a few items of of course!
The B-King is not just a un-faired version of the Hayabusa but a separate model. Witness the different frame and rear set, geometry so forth. The helmet like headlight is pure anime and the dials thankfully look expensive.
It also proves that Suzuki can make under-seat pipes but have chosen not to for other other models in its range for various reasons. Good job I say.
The Suzuki B-King is one of the few naked class motorbikes that has an engine from a con-current model. Also more to the point, the Hayabusa – the reputed fastest production motorcycle in the world. I think it will do quite well – in terms of sales. Problem is that it’s about $1000 more expensive than the Hayabusa.
So if you are after muscle bike or cafe racer or what ever you call naked motorcycles with HUGE power then this may be what you want.
|In-line 4 cylinder 4 stroke DOHC TSCC
12.5 : 1
Electronic Fuel Injection
|6 speed constant mesh
Wet multi-plate hydraulic clutch
Secondary reduction ratio 2.352
Drive chain RK GB50GSV Z3 112 Links
Primary Drive 1.596 (83 / 52)
Final Drive Ratio 2.388 (43 / 18)
Suspension (front) :
coil sprung, oil damped,
spring preload fully adjustable rebound damping force fully adjustable
compression damping force fully adjustable
Suspension (rear) :
|Link type, coil spring,
spring preload fully adjustable force fully adjustable,
compression damping force fully adjustable
107 mm (4.2 in)
30* right to left
Suspension Settings :
Brakes / Wheels / Tyres and Pressures:
|310mm Tokico – Front twin 4 piston caliper
260mm Back single 4 piston caliperFront 120/70 ZR17 (58W) Bridgestone BT-015
Front Wheels : 17 M/C x MT3.50, cast aluminum alloy
Rear 200/50 ZR17 (75W) Bridgestone BT-015
Front Wheels : 17 M/C x MT6.00, cast aluminum alloy
Fuel tank :
|2008 : 16.5 litres
4.0L (1.6 US gal.)
Fuel consumption :
|4 into 2 into 1into 2 (standard)|
|Metallic Phantom Gray / Metallic Mistic Silver (ETT)
Solid Black / Metallic Mat Black No. 2 (CRU)
Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) – 3 Modes
|Euro 3 Tier 2|
The following is the Official Suzuki Description of the features.
* 1340cm3 in-line 4-cylinder fuel-injected liquid-cooled DOHC engine tuned for muscular torque and exhilarating throttle response.
* Hard, smooth chrome-nitride Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) coating on the upper compression and oil control piston rings reduces friction and wear while improving cylinder sealing.
* Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder plating improves heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
* U-shaped cut-outs in cylinder-bore sides allow air below descending pistons to escape to adjacent cylinders to reduce pumping pressure and power losses.
* Lightweight titanium valves allow use of single valve springs for less inertia mass and aggressive cam timing while maintaining accurate valve control.
* Large-capacity curved radiator, fitted with two engine-management-computer-controlled 160mm (6.2-inch) electric fans. 10-row oil cooler is mounted underneath the radiator.
* Powerful 32-bit, 1024-kilobyte ROM computer, for running the state-of-the-art fuel injection, ignition and engine management systems.
* Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection results in improved power delivery, a more linear response, better mileage and less emissions. This system uses engine-computer-operated secondary valves to maintain optimum intake-air velocity for maximum combustion efficiency.
* Two 12-hole fine-spray injectors on each throttle body improve fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and while reducing fuel consumption.
* Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and helps maintain stable engine idle.
* Emissions control systems including a large-volume catalyzer reduce hydrocarbon, carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide emissions to meet tough Euro 3 and TIER 2 standards.
* 4-into-2-into-1 exhaust system, with a dual-exit under seat muffler. The muffler ends share a slash-cut shape with the seat-cowl rear end.
* Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) switch mounted on the fuel tank allows to select one of two engine control maps to suit personal preferences.
* Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) serves as back-torque-limiting system for smoother downshifts and also contributes to a lighter clutch pull.
* High-tech twin-spar aluminium-alloy frame built with five precision pressure castings of various complex shapes.
* Aluminium-alloy rear swingarm made of three pressure castings has a beautiful finish and less welding seams, along with optimum rigidity.
* Modern inverted front forks with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping.
* Steering damper mounted on the upper triple clamp is standard equipment.
* Single rear shock absorber, with fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping.
* Stylish 3-spoke cast-aluminium-alloy wheels shod with 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) front and 200/50ZR17M/C (75W) rear radial tires.
* Dual 310mm (12.2-inch)-floating-disc front brakes with radial-mount opposed-four-piston callipers. Radial master cylinder improves rider feel at the brake lever.
* Single-piston rear brake calliper operate on a 260mm (10.2-inch) disc.
* Bold styling contrasting prominent blocks – fuel tank, seat cowl and muffler exits – with condensed blocks – headlight, front fender and seat.
* Pentagon design motif accentuates the front brake master cylinder, fluid reservoir and disc carriers, and clutch master cylinder fluid reservoir.
* 60w high-beam and 55w low-beam headlight carried in a stylish module.
* Bodywork-integrated clear-lends front and rear turn signals, both combining cut and grained surfaces.
* Smoothly combined footpeg brackets/swingarm pivot covers.
* Detail touches include mesh grills on tank side air intakes, radiator cover and centre muffler cover; and 3-form front fender.
* Instrument panel built into headlight module, centred around an analog tachometer and LCD digital speedometer and gear-position indicator. LCD display also include a clock, odometer, dual trip meters, maintenance intervals, running time, average speed, fuel level, engine temperature and S-DMS selection.
* B-KING logo displayed on instrument panel when ignition is turned ON.